Clean Start Position
- Feet hip width or slightly wider; arms falling straight down from the shoulders and outside the legs
- When viewed from the side, the shoulders should be directly on top of the bar or just ahead of it depending on individual body proportions
- Back in complete extension
- Pressure between the bottom of the feet and floor should create tension throughout the body and remove any slack
- With the whole foot in contact with the floor, balance should be focused at mid-foot with a small bias to the front.
- Chest and eyes should face straight ahead